Accruit’s QI Services
The #1 Qualified Intermediary for Corporate Business Assets
The benefits of a 1031 Like-Kind Exchange (LKE) are realized through the services of a qualified intermediary (QI) like Accruit, the leading QI for business asset exchanges in the United States. IRC rules mandate that all LKE exchanges, except simultaneous exchanges, must be handled by a disinterested third party. This third party–the qualified intermediary–may not be your attorney, accountant, agent or other person related to your business.
As the QI, Accruit holds sale proceeds, prepares the necessary documentation and disburses proceeds, as specified in the tax code. The QI performs a crucial role, and you need to demand high standards when it comes to choosing your QI. Accruit leads the industry by providing unparalleled QI services with our 11 years of experience and over $8 billion in assets under management. No other company conducts more business asset exchanges for corporate clients than Accruit.
Leaders in Technology Innovation
With the only patented* software platform in the industry, we automate the entire exchange process while maintaining the highest level of security. Our technology gives companies real-time access to watch the creation of cash flow. We can provide:
- 24/7 digital reporting on all exchange transactions
- 100% transparency –Clients have continuous direct access to records with deposit institutions
- Automatic reminders to ensure the LKE milestones are executed properly
- Custom banking options supported by our proprietary banking application
Dedicated to Safety and Security
We have a proprietary process and a proven approach. Regardless of business or asset type, our perfected collaborative process assures safe and secure transactions that deliver results. We:
- Never commingle client exchange funds with operating accounts
- Deposit funds only at top-rated FDIC insured US financial institutions
- Rely on the most rigorous data security processes and have more than 300 proprietary ISO-compliant processes in place – all tested to reduce human error and enhance reliability
- Secure client information in a national data center that is annually audited and approved for ISO 9001 and SAS 70 certification processes
- Assure peace of mind with Fidelity Bonding and Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Provide Qualified Trust and Qualified Escrow options to ensure safety of funds
- Perform daily bank reconciliations, and always invest exchange funds to provide 100% liquidity
Best-in-Class Service & Support
Our dedicated client relations experts, including Certified Exchange Specialists®, guide clients through the options most appropriate to their business and exchange needs. We provide the highest-quality, one-on-one consultation, and ensure each transaction is effectively and efficiently managed from start to finish.
LKE is Our Only Business
Accruit acts as the QI for a number of the most prestigious businesses in the country; in recent years we’ve helped hundreds of clients defer more than a billion dollars in tax liability. Unlike many QIs who do exchanges occasionally when requested by clients, facilitating LKEs is our only business. We handle all types of LKEs including real estate, business assets, and complicated transactions such as reverse or improvement exchanges. Accruit is bonded; operates according to a tightly defined process that provides clients with a comprehensive audit trail; and has the only patented* process in the industry.
*U.S. Patent No. 7,379,910, and other patents pending